Marple is a beautiful 70 foot steel narrowboat that we will be sad to leave. She is really cozy and charming inside. Rather than feeling like you living in a caravan, Marple is a spacious and comfortable home.
Marple’s hull was built in 1971, with great 12 mm steel that has never needed platting. She was surveyed in June 2019, blacked and outfitted with 12 anodes. Her upper body was built in 1986 and is still in great shape.
Marple is an amazing boat. She is in full working order. The only significant work that needs to be done is some exterior (mostly roof) painting. We had planned to do this in the spring / summer of 2021. We are willing to significantly decrease the price, however, if the next owner would like to do this work.
Though Marple really needs to be seen to appreciate her beauty (both in and out), here is a verbal tour, from bow to stern:
- The flooring is beautiful new wood, redone in 2018.
- Full internal repaint in 2018.
- Most of the walls and ceiling woodwork is gorgeous teak.
- Attractive wood cupboards and shelves everywhere.
- The lighting is all warm LED throughout with switches at each fitting with lovely light fixtures over the bed.
- Thirteen large windows throughout Marple that keep her bright, making winter less dreary and summer more cool.
- Bow locker.
- A large wooden seat with storage beneath.
- Access to the ~750 liter water tank is also under the seat. We regularly go a month without needing to refill the water.
- When you come in from the front, there is a custom sofa (making use of Memory foam) to the right. We have also used this as a guest bed when friends and family visit.
- Lots of storage under the sofa.
- Multifuel (wood/coal) stove in the living area with 4 radiators throughout that keep Marple toasty during the winter.
Kitchen and Dining Area
- The kitchen and dining area are continuous with the living area.
- Beautiful wood countertops and a very solid dining table made from the same wood. The table can also be pivoted down for extra space.
- Custom built dining table chairs.
- Plenty of cabinets for storage.
- Custom wood shelving on the back wall.
- Stainless steel sink with new tap.
- An electric refrigerator, gas range and oven.
- In the main bathroom, there is a sink, with an under cabinet.
- Bathroom mirror cabinet for more storage.
- A normal toilet operating with a pump out tank.
- A nice size shower with really great water pressure. We just replaced the shower hose and head.
- The shower uses a whale gulper shower pump.
- Past the first bathroom, is a large bedroom.
- A door can be shut between the kitchen and bedroom for privacy when guests stay over.
- Decent size clothes closet.
- Next to the closet is a lovely seating area under the window.
- Across from the seating area is a stylish Scandinavian style cabinet.
- Double bed is inbuilt with storage underneath and a nice place to keep things next to the bed.
- The second bathroom follows the bedroom and contains only a toilet (operating with a second pump out tank).
- We currently use this as a closet and for storage as we do not need two bathrooms.
- Theoretically, one could go two or months or more without pumping out if you used both.
Office / Studio
- There is a gorgeous office behind the bedroom that makes working from home a great pleasure.
- This could also be used as a studio or, if desired, converted into another bedroom.
- There is a big custom wood cupboard in the back of the office, towards the back door.
- There is a shoe box leading out of the boat.
- There is a large back deck that we often entertain guests and eat out on.
- There is storage that holds three 19 kg propane canisters for the stove and other boating supplies.
- The engine is under the back deck.
- It is a Vetus diesel engine that is quiet to run. It has been maintained regularly and has never had any problems.
- The engine is used to heat water.
- 12v system + 240v via 3000w inverter or shore power hookup
- There are several 12v and with built in USB ports throughout.
- 240v throughout / fuse trip system etc., professionally fitted.
- Three leisure batteries and one starter battery.
- Three solar panels with an eMPPT series solar charge controller with maximum power tracker.
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||70'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.