Hayling Island Hampshire UK|
|Website:||Open website in new window|
A very smart looking pocket cruiser racer! She appears in good condition with a lot of recent upgrades.
Further owner comments when he bought her in 2016. The key items carried out by Deacons were:
1. Remove centreboard and rudders. Check centreboard pivot and renew all elements of lifting ropes.
2. Strip hull, centreboard and rudders. Epoxy and then coppercoat.
3. Remove mast for service and update. Masthead sheave replaced. Standing rigging and turnbuckles replaced. All running rigging replaced with dyneema. New wind vane fitted. New LED navigation light. New VHF aerial. New tinned cables for all. New wireless Raymarine wind instrument.
4. New mains shore system. New batteries with charging system from both mains and outboard.
5. Installed new Yamaha 9.9hp with electric start and remote controls.
6. Remove central heating unit and return to manufacturer for service.
7. Service winches.
There were a number of minor improvements such as a bund around the skin fittings so that any water entering was contained and did not go into the bilges.
Subsequently I had an issue with the rudder binding. I talked to one of the Jeanneau technical team and it was clear that the bearings were binding. This seemed to be an issue with a lot of the Sun 2500s, due to the nylon bearings swelling. I had new bearings made up out of Delrin. This will not absorb water so should be good for the life of the boat.
All sail controls have been taken back to the cockpit, including all reefing.
The boat has the optional gennaker kit with the removeable pole and bagged gennaker.
I purchased new 3DI laminate mainsail and genoa from North Sails in 2017.
The toilet is a Porta Potti, so the only hull fittings are the log/depth and the two sink outlets. All of these were checked by Deacons.
These boat details are subject to contract.
Note: Offers on the asking price may be considered.
Register with Boatshed to see 44 extra photos of this Jeanneau Sun 2500 .
This Jeanneau Sun 2500 has been personally photographed and viewed by Boatshed Representative of Boatshed Hayling Island.
|Vessel name:||Jeanneau Sun 2500|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Fuel type:||Petrol (Gas)|
|Length over all:||7.5m|
|Length at waterline:||7.15m|
|Fuel capacity:||30 Litres|